Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Additionally...

I don't know if this would bug me so much if I wasn't SO tired, but whatever. So, there's a temporary ban on adopting or buying black cats during the Halloween season. Not long, just about a week before Halloween. This is to prevent people who may want to adopt the cat for some sort of Halloween weirdness or cruelty who have no actual intentions of caring for it. I think that's fine. I mean, really. If this temporary restriction saves even one cat, then I think it's worth it.

HERE'S the problem: There are people who are actively against this temporary ban. And you wanna know why? Ok, I'll tell you. If you're ready to hear the most short bus thing you've ever heard. These people are opposed to it because IT PERPETUATES A NEGATIVE STIGMA OF BLACK CATS.

I'm sorry, but the fucking cats don't even know they're black. I can GUARANTEE they don't give a shit. Cats don't give a shit about anything. But stupid people have to go get all worked up over it.

This is the point whereI would add my commentary. And point out all the reasons this is fucking ridiculous, and all of the more serious problems this country should be worrying about. But this sort of douchebag insanity speaks for itself.

Happy Halloween, stupid black cat ban protesters. I hope your children get apples with razor blades in them.

I'm going to try and take a nap now.

1 comment:

Infant Attorney said...

I just stumbled across your blog and have started reading all of your old stuff. I know you posted this literally years ago, but it's cracking me up so much that soup just came out of my nose.