Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Fried. So fried.

I've been awake for exactly 24 hours. 24 hours from now this will all be over. I will have turned in my really long paper which I worked all night on, yet didn't finish, and I will have taken my exam. The question, of course is what am I supposed to do now? I'm too tired to finish the paper. I'm too tired to study for the exam. I'm too jacked up on caffeine to even try to close my eyes.

I'm at that point of exhaustion that fresh air-even cold air- feels like this brand new sensation. Like I'm this explorer who just discovered it.

I've reached the point of over-caffeination that my eyeballs, my actual EYEBALLS are twitching.

I've reached the point of desperation that I've thought about how bad of an accident I would have to get in to get out of taking my exam tomorrow, yet not be so hurt that I can't use that time to study more.

I'm at that point of over-analyzation that I am convinced the "random" feature on my mp3 player isn't so random, and there's a logic and sensibility to the songs it plays that I'm just not understanding.

I'm at the point of insecurity that when I found out last night that I got an A in one of my classes, I felt relief that I had somehow gotten away with tricking my professor into believing I'm smart enough to be in law school.

My brain is so full that I'm scared important bits of information that I'll need for the next 24 hours are going to leak out of my ears, and I'll never get them back.

I have a starbucks latte on my left, and a diet coke on my right.
I just switched them. Now the diet coke is on my left, and the starbucks is on my right.
I actually thought that slight shift would make the next 24 hours more manageable.

I'm so hungry, that I'm not hungry.

I don't even have the energy to come up with a bitchy or sarcastic thing to say about...
anything.

Now I've been awake for exactly 24 hours and 31 minutes.

That's how long it took me to write this ridiculous post.

1 comment:

allbilly said...

And I am really worried about you because unless I overlooked it...the word FUCK isn't anywhere to be found in that post.

Good luck "coming down".