Sunday, April 15, 2007

Law School, Ghosts, and Condos- an update.

So my blog is a "blawg" because it's supposedly law related. But I don't think I've mentioned anything about the law, or law school in a really long time. So in order to secure my blawg status, here's an update on my law school life:
- My feminist jurisprudence class (aka Vag & the law) is cancelled for tomorrow. As it turns out, I'm not such a great feminist.
- I have a 30 page paper due in less than two weeks on "Overcoming Hurdles in the Prosecution of Online Sexual Predators." I picked the topic before I found out there's a 95% conviction rate. So there are virtually no hurdles to overcome. I fucking suck at life.
- Wills & Trusts... umm...I haven't been there sober...in a while.
- My externship is actually pretty good. No complaints. BIG CASE going on right now. Very exciting.
- I have not found out about the job yet, and thank you for not asking.

OK. That was boring. Glad it's over. So I think my nightstand is being haunted by the Ghost of Vibrators Past. I'm not kidding. I wake up in the middle of the night to something that sounds like, well... a buzzing vibration noise. Something that a buzzing, vibrating mechanism that a female might keep in her nightstand drawer, might make. So, then I open the drawer, and any buzzing vibrating mechanisms that this female may or may not have in her nightstand drawer are off. One of them may or may not even have batteries in it. So I try and go back to sleep, and then the buzzing sound comes back! Also, people say that animals can see ghosts and phantoms and things, and I have seen my dog barking while staring at the nightstand. And she does not just randomly bark. Well, sometimes she barks at maki rolls. Which is just retarded.

On an unrelated note, I found a condo, and I negotiated the price myself, albeit 3 years of law school and my best negotiating strategy included crying, but it turned out pretty well! My new fridge lets you choose between cubed and crushed ice. And there's a dishwasher. And other stuff like that.

2 comments:

Anastasia said...

Congrats on the condo! I am j-e-a-l-o-u-s. Yeah, blogging about law is a lot of, "I have so much to do; life sucks." I personally love the posts regarding the jerks on the El (sp?).

Anyway, yay for you and enjoy that crushed ice!

Harmless Error said...

Crying has always worked for me! I should so not be proud of that.