Tuesday, August 07, 2007
The Bar is Over, but the Nightmares are Still Here
Ok. Hearing people talk about their dreams is boring, and this will probably be the only time I do it, so let's let it slide. Or just stop reading. I'll be posting about my super kick ass vacation soon anyway.
Since I took the bar exam, I am having the craziest nightmares about the fucking exam. You'd think that once I took the freakin thing, it would be over, but apparently not. Here are some examples:
1. I accidentally break off the seal to the test booklet before I'm told to and then run out of the room trying desperately to find a place to hide the broken seal. There's a proctors voice over some sort of intercom system calling my name and saying "Grace, we know what you've done. Just come back. We will only hurt you if we have to!"
2. In the dream, I only brought on pen to the exam. Naturally, it doesn't work. And no one will give me another.
3. For some reason, I brought my cell phone into the bar exam, and left it on. I got so freaked out once I realized that it was on and could ring at any moment that I couldn't concentrate on the test. And I knew if it rang, I would automatically fail, but if I went to the front of the room and retrieved the cell phone to turn it off, I would also automatically fail. Naturally, since this was a dream, the next thing I did was start screaming. Then Lilly Valencia showed up and told me that the proctors agreed I wouldnt fail so long as I let them confiscate my bag, take the pearls my mother gave me for graduation and keep my dog quarantined for a year. I agreed until I saw them leading my dog out of the testing room, at which point I woke up soaked in sweat.
4. My father and my estranged older brother show up in the testing room, drunk, demanding to speak to me. My brother angrily challenges me to a fistfight while my father looks on laughing. i agree to the fight. My brother hits me so hard I fall onto the floor, and my dad laughs and said "Well, honey, you're the one who wanted to be a lawyer!"
5. And the one I woke up from just about an hour ago involved the testing room flooding. and the water level getting higher and higher, and no one, including me is paying any attention. We're all just working on the MBE. I finally finish the test and throw it to a higher place where it won't get wet, but then I trip over something and sink under the water. Right before i think I'm about to die, I wake up.
So... ummm... is it just me, or is this happening to other bar exam takers?