Saturday, September 29, 2007

Tagged- Confessions of a Dork

Started by the lovely and talented Fannie, I've been tagged by the lovely and talented Jane to provide 5 reasons why I'm a dork. Easy enough. The hard part will be stopping at 5.


1. I listen, almost exclusively, to Broadway musicals on my mp3 player. My five current favorites (not like you asked) are Company, Into the Woods, Wicked, Chess, and Merrily We Roll Along.

2. I don't always know (or accept) when it's time to get rid of an article of clothing. I wear things until they are literally falling apart. Army Girl once had to physically separate me from my black pea coat that was "past its prime" When I asked her to promise that she would give it to Good Will, she said "Honey, I think Good Will will beat my ass if I try to give them this coat"

3. Along the same lines, I have HORRIBLY bad taste. The only time I ever look appropriately dressed, it's either because I've had someone help me shop, or it's just been complete luck. That's why I wear a lot of black dress suits with black high heels. It's hard to fuck that up.

4. I can recite at least a few lines from every Shakespeare play from memory.

5. I don't know if this is dorky or just sort of OCD, but when I'm anxious or bored, I try to come up with 5 five letter words using 25 letters of the alphabet. I've been trying to accomplish this feat for 9 years. I don't know if 5 such words exist, but I do it anyway.

Alright, Namby Pamby and Harmless Error- you both are tagged.

PS BONUS DORK thing that I really should confess to: I think hidden camera prank shows like "Punk'd" are ALWAYS HILARIOUS.

11 comments:

VCU girl said...

I do word games in my head too, maybe it's still dorky, though. Also with numbers on a license plate; try making them into years.
Did I mention "Broadway's Best" is #1 on my sirius radio console? yeah.

Harmless Error said...

Dude. I can already think of at least 10 in my head. Which ones to pick, which ones to pick...

Jane Know said...

haha! glad to see "Wicked" on your playlist.

Now...if only you would sing aloud to the musicals while listening to them in the presence of others. ;-)

Rachel said...

Hey! i KNOW you're not thinking of ME when you wrote that, JANE!

Justice Moustache said...

Methinks one night in Bangcock makes a hard man crumble.

Justice Moustache said...

whoops... make that "Bangkok."

fannie said...

Good ones! You are also eerily good at touch screen- particularly the word games and photo hunt.

But then again, so am I. And Jane.

The Namby Pamby said...

i cant do this on the day that I posted I passed the bar exam...but it will come...trust me

stephan.com said...

You may cease your OCD. There is no set of five 5 letter words using 25 letters.

Your post inspired me to write a program trying out all 10 quintillion possible combinations - yes, really. I started it running Sunday, and it finished sometime today, roughly 36 hours of computer time (one processor).

I can't be sure that my program is perfect, or that the dictionary is complete, but I think we can rule out any words anyone actually uses.

read about the program - I posted a blog entry with my program and an analysis of the problem when I started, but didn't want to tell you until it was done running. I was really hoping to post a successful answer :) :)

stephan.com said...

I finally got around to posting this on my "real" blog tonight.

I don't know if you caught it before, but I found two ten letter words with no common letters, which is close:

blacksmith gunpowdery

stephan.com said...

ps:

chintzy fjords gawk plumb vex.