Tuesday, March 04, 2008

My Hair Part II: The Aftermath

Here are some of the things people have been saying about my hair:

- It's...really blonde!

- It's...really short!

- What did you do to your hair?

- It's not bad...in the back.

- It would be fine if you weren't so pale.

- What part isn't highlighted?

- It's not as bad as you think it is.

- You might need to wear brighter makeup with that color.

- It'll grow out!

- Go back to the salon and get it toned down.

- (from the liquor store owner) You spent how much on that? You're not even a black girl! Your hair is just straight and plain! I'll cut your hair for free and it will look the same! You make me sick. Go back upstairs!

In fairness, REM said she liked it. But she said it in the dark on a street with very little lighting.

Daisy also said she liked it. But she's Southern and weirdly polite.

One of the older supervisors at work said the cut was exquisite, and the color was gorgeous.
And I looked like... (are you ready?) a pretty Anna Nicole Smith. (Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out. Binge. Purge. Repeat)

-----------------------------

On another note, a homeless person on the bus today was inexplicably wearing a blindfold and clucking like a chicken.

.

19 comments:

rem said...

I don't know what the deal is here! I've seen this hair in a variety of lighting and it's good each time. In fact, if you remember correctly i stopped in the middle of chewing to tell you i loved it. i'd like to suggest that those things were said AFTER you said that YOU didn't like it.

out of curiosity, was the homeless person eating pasta with butter, parmesan, soy sauce, and tabasco?

Anonymous said...

How do you *know* the homeless person is unrelated? Maybe he was wearing the blindfold so he didn't have to see your hair. :-)

Grace said...

yeah, anonymous. I considered that. The homeless person was a *she* though.

Scott Rose said...

I definitely need to see a photograph so I can be the judge of this new hairstyle!

vieve said...

Grace, those of us who don't get the pleasure of seeing you everyday, might need a picture...

I'm sure it is H-O-T.

Daisy Duke said...

It is lovely and that has nothing to do with my extreme level of politeness or Southern-ness.

rem said...

and i don't have a polite bone in my body, so there are some inconstancies in your argument, love. xo

rem said...

ooops. *Inconsistencies. i know you like it when i correct myself ;-)

Fannie said...

Do you have mom hair? Tellmeyoudon'thavemomhair.

Grace said...

Don't worry, Fannie...

Itsonlymomhairifyourmomisadrunkenprostituteclown.

Fannie said...

Oh, phew!

rem said...

so then it IS mom hair?

Daisy Duke said...

It is not Mom hair. I think it is very polished. And nie.

Jane Know said...

I want to see the cut. I am also sure it is h-o-t-t!

rem said...

if it's mom hair then it's M.I.L.F. hair! and since only I and your southern belle have seen it WE are the authorities!

tulip tree said...

i just wanted to say THANK YOU for entertaining me with your stories. as most of the blogs i read being discontinued, i appreciate your effort.

vcugirl said...

Let's talk about how badly you exaggerate its badness; its actually great hair.
Also; updating is a commitment to your readers; I know you'd hate to see me combust because you haven't updated in forever.

ahlondon said...

You would look good bald...and it might be easier for you to get in and out of my little car.

BTW - the lady on the train was listening to a podcast about how chickens reduce stress when they are on their way to the KFC butcher. The blindfold was just part of her ritual. I know cause she's my mom. Thanksgiving is quite stressful in our house.

PREB-happy b'dy. I have a card for you. Qne a kiss on the cheek.

Jax said...

I'm sure it's hot. But, I agree.. never noticed how um.. rudely honest people were til I changed my hair.. My favorite.. "Oh.. you changed your hair. It's different." Really? It's different? No shit, moron.

Sure you look awesome! :)