Here are some of the things people have been saying about my hair:
- It's...really blonde!
- It's...really short!
- What did you do to your hair?
- It's not bad...in the back.
- It would be fine if you weren't so pale.
- What part isn't highlighted?
- It's not as bad as you think it is.
- You might need to wear brighter makeup with that color.
- It'll grow out!
- Go back to the salon and get it toned down.
- (from the liquor store owner) You spent how much on that? You're not even a black girl! Your hair is just straight and plain! I'll cut your hair for free and it will look the same! You make me sick. Go back upstairs!
In fairness, REM said she liked it. But she said it in the dark on a street with very little lighting.
Daisy also said she liked it. But she's Southern and weirdly polite.
One of the older supervisors at work said the cut was exquisite, and the color was gorgeous.
And I looked like... (are you ready?) a pretty Anna Nicole Smith. (Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out. Binge. Purge. Repeat)
On another note, a homeless person on the bus today was inexplicably wearing a blindfold and clucking like a chicken.