Thursday, April 10, 2008

Tagged

I've been tagged by the glorious Fannie. Figures she'd tag me with something book-related. She's smart.

Here are the rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book of 123 (or more) pages.

Night of the Avenging Blowfish, by John Welter

2. Open the book to page 123 and find the 5th sentence.

The student assigned to me was Mria whose name I thought was supposed to be spelled M-A-R-I-A, but she spelled it "Mria", as if for all her life the first "a" had been missing from her name and no one had told her.

3. Post the next 3 sentences.

I thought that possibly her mother or her father, both of whom I assumed to be illiterate, sat down years ago with great affection to show their little girl how to misspell her name.

So I decided that now wasn't a good time to injure what little pride she had left by telling her a letter was missing from her name.

Before our first lesson, before I could show Mria the alphabet, and help her practice writing the letters, Mria told me exactly what she wanted out of the class: "I need to learn to write a suicide note."

--------------------

So, I am tagging three people:

Daisy at Legally Blonde Ambition

Brita of Brita's Random Rants

And to change things up a bit, let's see if I can get Ms. Foxy at Effing Reality to do it.

-

7 comments:

Kelli said...

Check. That book sounds interesting. Good?

Fannie said...

That was less titillating that I thought it would be.

Man.

:-)

Grace said...

Well, Fannie... aren't you Molly McJudgy?

I threw out all my "novels" they got...worn out.

Kelli said...

It could be worse - it could be law mumbo jumbo. That's a scary thought.

Fannie said...

Sorry Grce.

Jane Know said...

Fannie is mean.

Brita said...

Haha, i've responded and I thought it was priceless Grace, never mind what fannie has to say!

-Birta