VCU Girl brought up an interesting idea. VCU Girl is also on my shit list because she just sang the freecreditreport.com theme song to me and I can't fucking get it out of my head.
Anyway, back to VCU Girl's interesting idea. What would the soundtrack to my life be? So I decided I'd try to come up with exactly what that would be.
I tried to keep the songs in order, much like they would be on a soundtrack to a movie. Keep in mind, these aren't necessarily songs I like. In fact, in some circumstances, they might be songs I absolutely hate, but perhaps someone I loved loved the band, and couldn't help being a collegiate conformist douchebag. In other cases, it might be a song that was on the radio at a memorable time in my life. Or perhaps it's a song that I sang loudly and drunkenly with a group of beloved girlfriends every single night for an entire summer.
It's not necessarily a soundtrack anyone would ever want to buy, but nonetheless, it's mine.
Also, I obviously could probably have made it a longer list, but then, soundtracks have limits.
1. Toreador Song from Bizet's Carmen
2. High Flying Adored from Evita by Andrew Lloyd Weber
3. I Love Rock & Roll- Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
4. Tapestry- Carole King
5. Not Getting Married- from the Sondheim Musical, Company.
6. Galileo- Indigo Girls
7. Satellite- Dave Matthews Band
8. St. Stephen- Grateful Dead
9. Solsbury Hill- Peter Gabriel
10. Billy Jean- Michael Jackson
11. Get Out The Map- Indigo Girls
12. No Frontiers -Mary Black
13. A Long December- Counting Crows
14. Nobody's Side- From the musical Chess
15. Since U Been Gone- Kelly Clarkson
16. Defying Gravity- from the musical Wicked
17. What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life? Rosemary Clooney
18. Blue Eyes- Cary Brothers
I call meme. Get to it.