Thursday, June 26, 2008

Loud Talker On The Red Line #8


Cheesy Arm Tattoos? Check.


Monotone repetitive use of the word "Right"? Check


Namedropping obscure band names? Check.


Meet the Indie Rock Band Loud Talker! ("IRBLT")


Oh, I love him! He's just so... eccentric. And so smart about, like, garage bands. And music fests. And "The Scene"


He knows how to get on the list at clubs that no one has heard of. Except people on the El with him. Because he's talking so loudly.


Last year IRBLT worked at XXX Music Festival (I'm not giving it free publicity) and he was the assistant music technician at one of the smaller stages. But this year, he's the head tech guy on the MAIN stage!! Woohoo!!!


But it's really hard, Bro, because he's gotta, like, say no to a lot of his friends. Because everyone wants in. Because like 20,000 people are going to be there.


But IRBLT can totally get "Bro" on the list.


And then IRBLT kept on saying "beats, overdubs, beats, overdubs, beats, overdubs." I don't know what that means or what he was referring to. Because I'm just not cool enough.


-

6 comments:

eddie said...

You see, now I want a BLT. But I've just eaten a TC (Turkey & Cheese). I would have reallly liked some B on my TC. Yaaay bacon! Wait, I think I've lost the plot a little.

Oh yeah, booooo loud talkers.

Fannie said...

This loud talkers series is pretty much the best blog series on the internet.

Loud cell phone talkers in public spaces deserve to be publicly shamed.

davidallenjd said...

Dear Grace:

I realize that you don't think that including these blog entries on loud talkers makes your blog very sophisticated.

And maybe you're right.

But Fannie is absolutely right. "This loud-talkers series is pretty much the best blog series on the internet."

Thank you, Fannie!

And here's the meaning of "overdub," according to Wikipedia, the free, on-line encyclopedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overdubs

I heart Wikipedia.

Justice Moustache said...

"He's just so... eccentric. And so smart about, like, garage bands. And music fests. And 'The Scene' "

And very probably so, like unemployed

Anonymous said...

IRBLT was probably talking about the band, the overdubs... lol.

very funny.

Sam Sachs said...

After reading this entry I realize that we are the same person.