Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Yet Another Reason Working Out Sucks

I only brought one shoe to the gym today. I have no idea how this happened. Anyway, I decided that since I already went all the way down to the gym, I should probably get a workout in, and I had my swimsuit with me, so I figured I'd swim laps.

Now in order for a girl to put a swimsuit on, she needs to remove all her clothes. Because normal people don't wear underwear under their swimsuits.

Wouldn't it be just my luck that for the 3 seconds I am completely in the buff, some dude accidentally wanders into the women's locker room? And at the exact moment I notice him, he notices me, and TOTALLY freaks out? Yep. That happened today. And before you assume it wasn't an accident, and he was just a big perv, I already thought of that. But actually I really think it was just an accident. Nonetheless, it was disturbing.

That's all.

Oh. And even though I was wearing those rubber things on my head that's supposed to keep hair dry, when I took it off, my hair was soaking wet. Is there a trick to putting these things on, or did I just buy a bad one?

11 comments:

Arielle said...

Ahh that sucks! I would have flipped out if some guy walked in while I was naked. Eek!

five tomatoes said...

Oh awful, I would have cried! I always get my swim cap wet before I put it on because then it latches to my head better and actually keeps my hair dry. Seems weird but it works! Although I'm not wearing them anymore because I can't afford highlights so I'm letting the pool color my hair, haha.

eddie said...

Um. Maybe he freaked out because he realized you only had one shoe? Yeah, probably not.

jawats said...

I am not sure those things are supposed to keep your hair dry completely - rather, they're to streamline your form and keep your hair out of your eyes when you swim...

-j.

Daisy Duke said...

If you didn't look at him and say "How do you like them apples?" I am disappointed in you Grace.

davidallenjd said...

I don't believe the purpose of those swim caps is to keep the swimmer's hair dry. They're designed so that their hair doesn't get in the pool, and clog up the drains.

And Grace, about the locker room incident, I have two thoughts. First, that guy who stumbled in there was the luckiest SOB in Chicago!! Second, that will teach you to forget your running shoe next time!!

Fannie said...

I think those rubber swim caps are really to pull pieces of your hair out.

lilly said...

those caps are designed to make everyone look like penis heads. trust me- i was captain of the penis head team in high school and some fucktard thought it would be a good idea to put a picture of me in my bathing suit WITH MY SWIM CAP ON in the yearbook...no wonder no one talked to me junior year!! oh, and just wondering if you wore a certain mexico bathing suit while swimming laps today...:)

Grace said...

Dammit Lilly!!!

You know that's the suit I was wearing!

Damn you and your genius memory.

Lewdly yours,

Holli Seattle

obsquatch said...

Nice birthmark.

Anonymous said...

Mam, Female reporters in sports go into the mens locker rooms all the time, maybe you should become more of a adult, when a man is caught by a woman , naked HE usually apologizes. So please just grow up. Even at the gym women come in and out of our locker too get there kids, and when there bathroom is full non_ stop, AND WE are supposed to accept that without warning women just walk into our domain ... So just stop the complaining thanks and become more mature about your body.