Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dating Grace

So, in my continuing effort to be a more social person, I am going on a date tonight. I've decided that I am going to go on more of these. Not necessarily with the person who asked me tonight. That's still up in the air. We'll see how it goes.

I think this will accomplish several things.

1. It will keep me from remaining a recluse for the rest of my life.

2. It might also lead to me finding someone to bother and be bothered by on some sort of long-ish term basis. This would please my parents and friends immensely.

3. It will remind me to regularly shave my legs.

4. It might provide for interesting blogging material. Which is really the only reason for anyone to do anything. And, let's be honest, this blog has SUCKED ASS for months.

A couple of things, though. I'm never going to talk about sex. So don't get too titillated. I'm also going to be intentionally vague with pronouns. Just because.

So tonight, my date is with Lawyer. I know. Super original name, huh? Lawyer and I have some history together, which makes this date easier and more complicated at the same time. I'm very excited about it, though. Lawyer called yesterday and told me that this was a surprise date and told me where to be at a certain time. Should be interesting.

Details to come...

PS. Lawyer actually knows about this blog, and reads it regularly, so at some point during the date I am going to have to tell Lawyer that I plan on writing about it. That shouldn't be an issue, right? I mean, what kind of person would have a problem with that?????? Yeah. There's an ancient Lithuanian phrase for ladies like me. It roughly translates as "self-sabotaging assclown".
-

5 comments:

F***Stain said...

(1) At least people ask you on dates, self-sabotaging assclown, because you look like a supermodel.

(2) Check the optimism! Foresaking alone time for a secret date as an antidote to sucky blogging! Seems almost like you are oozing hope, and sunshine.

(3) Maybe Lawyer would allow you to remain a recluse? Just a thought. Like maybe a teensy bit of Grace time for Lawyer would be better than no Grace time at all, so Lawyer would be cool with you sitting on your couch at home, hairy legs and all, dividing your time between reality television and Pinot Grigio, in exchange for taking you on a secret date once in a while.

anonymoushottie said...

I never tell people the names of my dates, which leads to conversations about myself and "Kickball" or "Date". It's better that way.

But now I mostly hang out with Murphy, 'cause he's the best. Have fun!!!

Daisy Duke said...

AH's intentional no-naming of the date in real life makes me feel like an idiot when we are at a restuarant and waiter overhears us discussing Kickball Boy.

The. End.

lowly said...

But you can't call me Lawyer yet! Oh, wait... it's not me. CRAP.

davidallenjd said...

But you can call ME Lawyer.

But oh crap, as well. It's not me, either.