Monday, August 18, 2008

I'm Feeling Nothing

"...and he said nothing, could get a girl transferred!
They all felt something, but I felt nothing.
Except the feeling that this bullshit was absurd."

Bonus points for anyone who picks up on this classic musical theatre reference.

But, no seriously. Nothing. I REALLY want to come up with something witty, or thoughtful, or even just plain mean spirited. But I can't think of anything.

I have lots of things to bitch about, like the AIR SHOW WHICH I FUCKING HATE, but I do that every year.

I have to move in a few weeks. I'm kinda sad about that. But the place is ok. I can live with it. And I sort of like the fact that no one knows where I live. All the better to ignore people.

I'm also a little burned out on work. That sort of freaks me out, because it's only been a year. If I'm burned out after only a year, I have a long rest of my life ahead of me.

I am reading Daisy's Book Club book, and I am loving it. I can't put it down.

I'm bored. I'm boring. I wish I could come up with something to say. Go ahead and make suggestions, Dear Readers, if I have any Dear Readers left.

OH. I have made some decisions about my...um..err..uhhh.... romantic life. I've decided that I'm on the verge of being mature enough to be in a relationship. I haven't decided on the person yet, but I think that with the knowledge that I don't HAVE to be the world's worst girlfriend if I don't want to be, makes the whole dating thing seem possible.

That would probably give me something to write about, right? A new person?

Anyway, I'm really going to try to come up with something good. At some point. But again, I'll take suggestions. Please. I don't want my blog to die.
-

7 comments:

eddie said...

So, if I guess "A Chorus Line", does that mean you'll come to our party on Saturday if I'm correct??? Or even if I'm wrong . . .

Wittee Knicknayme said...

(1) Why it is necessary for olympic beach volleyball players to wear bikinis the size of the label on a bottle of beer.

(2) Why Gwyneth Paltrow is famous.

(3) Why spandex is back in style.

(4) Portia and Ellen.

(5) Why smart people suck and stupid people are boring.

(6) Why reading a book is more exciting than doing what the characters in the book actually do, even if it is something really accessible.

(7) Why the envelope has not become obsolete.

(8) Why Edge from U2 was allowed to name his child Blue Angel

(9) Why the fact that people think more about Lindsay Lohan than they do the next President of the U.S. bothers some people. Focus on yourselves! One stupid president isn't going to change the world, just as noting Lindsay Lohan's progress in rehab and lesbian experiences isn't going to wreak havoc on anyone else's lives. In short, why people can't just chill.

(10) Why "dowry" is the 42nd most popular Google search in the U.S. today.

Wittee Knicknayme said...

Also, this:

http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/blog/?em3106=202571_-1__0_~0_-1_5_2008_0_0&em3161=&em3281=

Anonymous said...

Don't stop blogging, you have readers!
I, too, just graduated from a law school in a horsey- area (why do dog owners have to pick up poop but horse owners do not? I must be careful when I take my evening strolls...)

Anyway, I am currently unemployed, and praying that November will bring me good news so that I can start taking Court-appointed work and perhaps be able to pay my student loans.
Meanwhile, I seem to be in sort of a post-bar exam funk.

Anonymous said...

You have readers. This IS a good relationship, really. No expectations, no demands. Many posts or few, we can deal with it. They don't all have to be funny.

Killing the blog would be so so much worse than the writer's strike.

Just please don't leave us.

Mr. Saddle Shoes said...

Grace,

I feel your pain about the air show; personally, I feel it brings out my inner Jane Fonda (bonus points if you know that, kiddies!)

Take comfort in knowing that your life is more interesting than mine, and people actually care about you and your blog ... mostly your blog, but at least they care.

vieve said...

Grace,
No pressure, but please keep blogging! It brings me joy!

I for one, would love your perspective on the following:

1. Female gymnastics.
2. Who is currently the hottest woman on TV. (besides Cortney Thorne Smith, who I realize, will always hold a special place in your heart).
3. Why you love musical theatre so.