Sunday, September 07, 2008

All Moved In.

It's a really fucking beautiful day. I spent most of the day watching football on the couch, and playing around on the internet, (YES I HAVE INTERNET IN MY HOUSE AGAIN! FUCKIN' A, YAY YAY YAY!) and now I am in my new back yard sitting on the nice patio furniture writing this blog and sipping a glass of pinot grigio.

So, yeah. I moved. A big part of me is sad. And I feel like a loser. Millions of people can get mortgages. Millions of people can own homes. I'm just not going to be one of them. At least right now.

However, a whole other big part of me is relieved. Living above a liquor store has its obvious advantages. But really. One of these days, I'm going to want to get knocked up. And you can't have a baby above a liquor store. It's just weird and wrong. And the place was awfully small. And the builder was a real asshole and a bully, and the thought of giving him hundreds of thousands of dollars kinda made me wanna stab myself in the eyes.

And there's some sort of nursing home for alcoholic amputees in that nieghborhood. And our liquor store was the closest one to where the home was, so about once a week, there'd be about 5 or 6 people with only about 8 limbs between them, sitting on our lawn and swigging beer. And they left the cans everywhere.

But, sigh. The bathtub in that place was ridiculously awesome. It was like a swimming pool. And really really pretty. My new bathtub is like a shotglass.

But my new place has its plusses, too. It's bigger. It's got a backyard. My neighbors are cool. It's on a really quiet street. The old place was right on a major Chicago street. With a bus stop on the corner, and a hospital down the street. It was really fucking loud. And bright. Even with all of the lights turned off in my place, it was almost bright enough to read. The new place is dark. And quiet.

There's also something oddly comforting about having almost no one know where I live. Currently only 5 people know where I live. I LOVE that. That's going to change, though. I am probably going to have a housewarming thingee or something. Then, by necessity, other people will have to know where I live. Because having a housewarming party in a neighboring bar is usually thought of as a little weird. And the people who I would invite aren't really the people who I would worry about knowing where I live anyway.

God this is a rambling and uninteresting post. I'm not feeling very inspired.

Sarah Palin. She's really cute. Like, REALLY REALLY cute. She should do that for a living. Be cute, that is. I am totally voting for her for "Cutest Vice-Presidential Nominee" And in the event that John McCain cannot fulfill his duties as Ms. Cutie Alaska, I would be thrilled for Sarah Palin to take over those duties. But since she thinks gay sex makes the Baby Jesus cry, and is the most anti-woman candidate on the ballot, (and I have virtually no chance of ever hooking up with her) she won't be getting my vote. I would sooner vote for her knocked up 17 year old daughter's baby daddy for president. And her toddler with Down's Syndrome for vice-president.

And ummm.... not like I watch soap operas or anything... because I am a lawyer and have more important and intellectual things to do with my time when I take a day off, but does anyone think her husband looks like Bo Brady from Days of our Lives? It could just be me. But I think they bear a striking resemblance.

So, while the weather is still kind of nice, I think this whole sitting-in-my-backyard-with-a-glass-of-wine-and-my-computer-writing-blogs could be a really nice routiney sort of thing. And there are a lot of things I'm looking forward to writing about. Now that my life has settled down a bit, I think I've got the time to do it.

Except now I have to go get ready for a date with Lawyer.
.

3 comments:

eddie said...

On the housewarming thingie, it wouldn't be so weird if your new place is *actually* a neighborhood bar, which let's face it would be quite awesome. Or not.

But yaaay for pinot grigio blogging.

Daisy Duke said...

Can't wait for said housewarming. I'll bring...um....pinot grigio?

Jane Know said...

"I would sooner vote for her knocked up 17 year old daughter's baby daddy for president. And her toddler with Down's Syndrome for vice-president."

HAHAHA!

Well, I am glad you like the new place... minus the spidey, of course.