Monday, December 29, 2008

Dear My Fellow Bloggers,

I have an idea. An experiment. It might be stupid, but it might be kind of cool. I spoke with a couple of people already, and they seemed to be leaning toward the cool side. So here goes:

We pick a day. And on that day, I pick up a book or newspaper article, and the title of that book or newspaper article will be the title of everyone's blog post. I randomly select a sentence from the book or article, and that has to be the first line of everyone's blog post. And then we write whatever the fuck we want. It can be a story from our lives. It can be fiction, non-fiction, it can be commentary. It can be fucking poetry if we are so inclined. Whatever we want, the only thing these posts have in common is they all come from the same point of inspiration-one line of someone else's text.

Then, I'll post a link back to all of the posts.

I think it would be cool, and fun. And interesting. If it works, maybe we'll do it once a month or so. It obviously would only work if others did it, too. So... who's in? Doesn't matter if you're a new blogger or an old blogger... doesn't matter if you're a regular reader of Law With Grace, or if you just stumbled by. Just leave a comment and let me know if you wanna give it a try.

And just so you know... I read a LOT of blogs, and there are some of you I am REALLY hoping will play along.

PS, if you know me personally, you better say you're in. Or you get shanked.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like the collaborative work of Squiddly Diddly. I'm just taking a stab, but it feels like her analytical mental deconstruction.

Anonymous said...

BTW... I'm in.... I don't need anymore stab wounds.
Ugh...
Goddamn rough ass white girls.

Fianna said...

Count me in. I have been woefully silent on my blog and could use a deadline. Can I cut my boss if he prevents me from getting this done?

Governor Blasquidevich said...

It does sound like me, but in fact, I had no part in this, and my comment was going to be: "is this the produce of bloggers getting drunk together?"

Here's my question: if it does not have to have anything to do with said borrowed line, what is the point? Or, will it invariably relate?

Grace said...

It does have to do with said borrowed line...The borrowed line is just where everyone starts. For example, if the first line was "I saw her sitting at a bar, drunk and laughing." that could go anywhere... does that make sense?

The Artful Blogger said...

As I already live in daily fear of being shanked by you, I have decided to take part. After all, why give you a reason?

Alleged Lady said...

Yep, I'm in....even though we all know how much I appreciate a good shanking.

Butterflyfish said...

I am in!

Also, you might try a variation wherein the sentence you provide is the LAST line of the post.

eddie said...

I too would like to join in this fun little adventure of yours. Where do I sign?

Mr. Middlebrow said...

I'm game. Email's in my profile.

Amanda said...

Sounds cool! I'm in.

Lisalu67 said...

I've never blogged before. But this sounds like a good place to start - right up my alley (where, I imagine, one might also find a good shanking).

legallyirrelevant said...

Sounds fun. I'm in. I could use another reason to take a break from studying!

Harmless Error said...

You know I'm in.

nicolle said...

count me in. the persecuted crack smoker does not back down from a challenge.

five tomatoes said...

I like it and I'm in. :)

Kelli said...

Disregard my next post comment. I get it now. And of course I'm in.

It feels like a fire is raging in teh lungs.

anonymoushottie said...

Oh yes, I am in. Might actually start blogging again . . .

Fannie said...

Neat, I'm in!!

It's like our own little creative writing workshop.

mitsi beaverlick said...

great fargin idea! we did an exercise like this in a high school poetry class and it yields awesome results. cant wait to read!

Brita James said...

Um, I'm obviously in. What better way to return to blogspot?!? FYI I have a meeting in the AM but will deliver a post later in the day. I'm pretty excited, Grace you clever bugger you!

Natalie said...

Okay I am in

antigone32 said...

guess who just joined the party? = )

Year Zero said...

okay im in (too)

ekalour2 said...

I randomly came across this. I am totally new to your blog but I think its a brilliant idea! I was hoping you wouldnt mind if i played along. Of course I would be late, but this last line of yours is perfect.