Sunday, January 18, 2009

Getting Close to the Last Page of a Bad Chapter

So, for those of you who have read my blog for awhile, you know that there's "this thing" that I can't talk about. Actually, technically, I CAN talk about it. I can talk about whatever the hell I want. I guess I mean, I don't, or won't, talk about it. Yet, anyway. I might someday. Well, "this thing" was supposed to happen about 5 different times in the last year or so, but it hasn't. It keeps on getting delayed for one reason or another.

However, now, it seems like, once again, "this thing" might happen. And this time, it seems like it will be for real. In a way, I am happy. Well, not happy. Definitely the wrong word choice. Relieved. It's time to start moving forward. I've been stuck with "this thing" hanging over my head for a long time. Although I haven't ever really believed in the concept of closure, I do believe that I've earned the right to give the concept of closure some fresh consideration, after "closure appropriate" events have happened. Which, it seems, may happen very soon. Hopefully. Honestly, I am really scared, though.

So, how was that for vague? Sorry.

Anyway, right on the heels of "this thing" that doesn't get talked about, I have a very huge, and very cool work thing going on. Truly something that few attorneys get to do. I had a practice today for the cool work thing, and suffice it to say, I sounded like an illiterate assclown, and not an attorney. Lots of improvement is needed and not a lot of time to do it.

Also something I'll be able to discuss later.

I don't really know what the point of this post is.

I guess just... wish me luck or something. Throw some good energy my way. Leave a funny joke in the comment section.

If you know me personally, I am apologizing in advance for not returning your emails/phone calls/text messages. I know that some of you who know what the fuck I'm talking about will want to know the outcome. I'll do the best I can, but as you know, I suck as a communicator. Thanks in advance for forgiving me.

17 comments:

Daisy Duke said...

I love you.

Sharon said...

I love you too and think you are great. Beautiful inside and out. Be strong and be positive. Don't get all irrational and you will be fine.

The Artful Blogger said...

Sending you some positive energy and reminding you that we are here (or not here) whenever you need (or don't need) us. You are awesome.

obsquatch said...

I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. In fact, I have no idea where I am right now. Go Team Grace With Law!

Notorious S.Q.U.I.D. said...

Maybe Uncle Julio can be of assistance next week. He is the best Uncle ever. He can make you feel happy with cheese, and shrimp, and tequila. And seriously, is there anything better? I think not.

vieve said...

Heart you tons and tons Grace!!!!
Remember when we used to sit on the 'smoking bench'? Fun times. Fun times.

Kelli said...

If it's what I think it is, from your email ever so long ago, then I give you MANY positive thoughts and well-wishes. And if it's not, well, I still send the MANY positive thoughts and well-wishes. Yep. You're awesome.

Grace said...

Aww. Vieve- The Smoking Bench! How I love the smoking bench- and you!

Kelli, yes.

ArmyGirl said...

I'll hold your hand if you want me to.

Harmless Error said...

I have no idea either, but I love Grace a/k/a girl I don't know! You can do it. Or not do it. Or get through it. There, that one works.

Thinking Fool said...

So this midget went into a bar one night looking for a hooker... ;-)

Good luck. Peace regarding whatever it is.

Fannie said...

Good luck Grace, you're in my thoughts.

Vieve, I love the smoking bench (even though we don't use it anymore)! Wah wah wah.

Kristine said...

Know that you're not alone. There are loud talkers in San Francisco, too. The sounds of the BART trains never seem to drown them out. And while I don't know why you need to be brave, be brave. If that doesn't work, there's always wine for a little liquid courage.

Brita James said...

Well Grace, go break a leg! A real go get 'em approach usually does the trick in these circumstances! No, no that's all wrong and entirely misplaced. Just get the shit over with so you can go back to your incredible leisurely life. You know, the one which includes you blogging about loud talkers on el rides, and just despicable human beings you encounter on a daily or occasional basis. I'm waiting!!

SENDING POSITIVE ENGERGY....POSITIVE ENERGY...

Rachel said...

re: the work thing
An illiterate assclown?? I think not. I know better. You know I know better. I know that you will kick ass in a way that I would *not* want to be the recipient of said ass kicking.
re: the other thing
I love you. I'm here for you. Many others are too.
re: dealing with above things
Perhaps a good distraction would involve a case of wine and then a trip to Kinko's just for the hell of it to bind things with spirals and put red and blue covers on them. And laugh because we never have to take the bar exam again.
xo

virgo1sign said...

once upon a time, there was a mafia of fish. then a wutchy beautful woman tried to poison the, but they would not die. for like a week.

rem said...

I've always been really afraid to tell you i love you. today i will. I love you. A lot.