Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Ides of March. My Birthday

Is today. I'm generally not a birthday person, because I think the wrong person gets celebrated. I didn't shoot something the size of a waterman out of something the size of a kiwi. My mom did. Thanks Mama Grace. I supposed I deserve some credit for STAYING alive, which I have managed to do. But that's not really the holiday.

Anyway. It's my birthday. I'm going to go walk the dog, then go buy some new sunglasses, a new sexy bra, and a bottle of champagne.

Then I am going to come home and drink my bottle of champagne while wearing only my new sunglasses and sexy bra and watch Law and Order Marathons.

Then I shall do some laundry.

OOOOH and if any of you care, I am no longer a sparkly blonde. I am a very light shade of brown. I mean, in some lights, it's still totally blonde. But it's really not. I think Grace just needed an upgrade.

11 comments:

Dysfunction Junction said...

You had me at Law & Order Marathon.

Actually, champagne and L&O marathons sounds like the perfect birthday to me.

*hugs & shankings*

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Grace xx

Kristine said...

Sounds like the perfect day. I'm going to follow your lead but trash it up a bit with a Rock of Love marathaon, though, looking for a ripped t-shirt as I type (I won't find one). If you haven't already made your champagne purchase, may I recommend Schramsberg Blanc de Noir? They have it Trader Joes, which I think are in Chicago, too. Happy Birthday!

Cirkuspeanut said...

Happy Birthday Grace!

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday! And remember, Veuve Clicquot is the best.

Harmless Error said...

Sounds like a fantastic day - good for you:)

Googie Baba said...

Happy Birthday.

Scott Rose said...

Happy Birthday!

finaleofseem said...

Congrats on staying alive!

Also, I think that L & O marathons while drinking champagne and wearing sexy underwear are, in fact, the best ways to celebrate birthdays. I have a new tradition now. Hope it doesn't freak the boyfriend out too much.

Overflowing Brain said...

Happy birthday.

Um, and your effing word verification is "pounds." Yea, that's totally helping the diet that is totally not working at all.

But really, happy birthday!

five tomatoes said...

Happy birthday Grace! I hope they were especially good L&Os.