Saturday, June 20, 2009

Unimportant Things That Make Me Happy- A Meme

I saw this meme over at Hot Sauce Redemption, a truly fantastic blog. I love the writing. And I love the name. And I love that she called me a quesadilla. Normally, I don't do memes. Especially happy ones, because I am such a naturally miserable, negative and toxic person, but since today is the most perfect day ever, and it's summer and it's Saturday and it's not raining, and I am going to see fantastic live theatre tonight, and there's a good chance there will be lobster bisque before the live theatre and I just got a manicure and pedicure, I'm just going to go ahead and think happy thoughts.

Here are the rules:
1) List Six Unimportant Things That Make You Happy.
2) Mention and link to the person who tagged you
3) Tag six of your favorite bloggers to play along, and comment on their blog to let them know they've been tagged.


1. Rabbits. I love them. They fascinate and delight me. My landlord informed me that we "have a rabbit problem." I do not understand what the fuck he is talking about. Little furry things with big pointy ears who hop around looking all cute and weird and bewildered? I don't see where the fucking problem is in that. If Salvador Dali was instructed by god or whoever to invent a cute animal, he would have invented the rabbit.

2. New Socks. If I won the lottery, I would never wear the same pair of socks twice.

3. One way hugs. Here's how they work: I stand perfectly still with my hands at my sides. In other words, I do nothing. Someone I love hugs me.

4. The sound of handcuffs going on and locking. Whatever. I'm not ashamed. I'm a prosecutor. And before anybody decides to get all judgy, of course I want them going on only the defendants who deserve it.

5. Jogging outside in the rain. It's the only time I will ever jog outside. It's really fun, and if you make a big point of running through every puddle and splashing up disgusting city water all over yourself, it's fucking awesome. First people look at you like you're batshit-crazy, and then they wish they were doing it too.

6. The sound of my asshole dog contentedly sighing as she sleeps with her head on my thigh in the sun.

Bonus happy thing: Glass eyes. They are so sexy.

I am tagging everyone. Or no one. I might tag myself and come up with six more later.

6 comments:

Blazer said...

Goddess you sound really happy! I am a bit jealous. Here in "sunny" Los Angeles it is raining...yes, raining. WTF! June gloom is one thing but rain?!? Enjoy tonight and please keep writing. Apparently I am easily smitten by naturally miserable, negative and toxic persons. Go figure.

Sam Sachs said...

Please please please move back to Los Angeles. I'm in Florida until June 30, but if I get back to LA and you're not there, my life will still suck. Also, I've never had a mani-pedi in my adult life and that's really unacceptable. We should do a joint session. Screw it, let's just check into a spa under someone else's name.

Alright... Now I will continue reading this post. Hopefully by the end I will fully understand what the balls a "meme" is. I'm really uncool.

Rolling Bone said...

when i'm not drunk, i'm all over this. hopefully that'll happen sometime soon.

Colby said...

I'm not really a meme person either but I support the blogs and friends of blogs that I like.

VERNACULAR said...

I would like a collection of glass eyes, so that I could chill them and put them in drinks as ice cubes. Sometimes they should be in guests drinks, sometimes not.

And you are a quesadilla, Grace.
I very much enjoy quesadillas.

VERNACULAR said...

And by guests drinks, I mean guests' drinks. This is because I cannot leave my own grammatical mistakes alone. But I leaf other peepuls well enuf a lone.