Wednesday, August 19, 2009

RIP Softball

It looks like my glory was fleeting. I say this now, because I spent the day in the Emergency room, and now can only walk with the assistance of crutches. And crutches are mother fucking hard to walk with! It's bullshit. They make my arms hurt!

So the bad news is I can't walk. I was running to third base, and I don't know exactly what happened, but the really big 3rd baseman ended up falling on me as I was running. The next thing I remember was about 20 people standing around me while flat on my back on the field. Super sexy.

The good news is it isn't broken. Just fucked up. And I will only need crutches for a week or so. More good news, I got some pretty decent pain meds. More good news, I was safe at third. And the best news? I won't ever have to play softball again.

7 comments:

Harmless Error said...

You are a fucking trooper. This is why I'm anti-team sports.

Belle said...

More good news: you can play the sympathy card whenever you want!! (for a week)

Blazer said...

Is it wrong that I actually do find the mental image of you "flat on my back on the field" super sexy? Really, please feel better soon and enjoy the meds.

Sam Sachs said...

When I was 9 my dad had/made me join one of the Parks & Recreation softball teams - The Marigolds. That's right. All the teams were named after FLOWERS, but that's about as feminine as things got. The "girls" were HUUUUGE, not to mention coordinated (I have never been either). At our first practice I was assigned to play "catch" with Teresa, a third grader who was 5'8 and 150 lbs. The softball hit me square in the face on her first throw (at 30 mph). It hurt. A lot. But I couldn't cry because these bitches didn't weren't the crying type (and my dad was watching). A few weeks later, after I struck out TWICE at our first game, I told my dad my softball career was over. He looked at me and said "Samantha, do you really want to be a quitter?" I paused for a moment before replying, "YES." And I never looked back, baby. I never looked back.

Wish I was there to change your asspack and toast the end of your softball career.

Anonymous said...

How will you find a sexy girlfriend then ? !.
8)

Fannie said...

Aww, your first sports injury! How cute!

rem said...

yikes! drag. hope you feel better soon. make dog (we don't use her name here right?) pick up the slack on housework while you're laying low.