Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Finally- A Purpose

So, yesterday I was on the train. Just quietly playing Brickbreaker on my stupid fucking phone, thinking about how my life has turned into quite the routine. And how I don't really do anything besides work and the occasional social function. I certainly am not particularly caught up in any political or charitable activities. mostly because I don't care about most things. Until now. I have found my cause. (cue Les Miserables' "Do you Hear the People Sing.")

I am waving my flag. I am declaring war. I have found my cause.

Chicago Raises Liquor Taxes


Again, my life has a purpose. Who's with me?

8 comments:

The Grand Inquisitor said...

I am drifting as well, so I am on board. the bastards have raised the price of beer too. fucking nazis

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

What is my official job in the crusade? So I know where I fit on the playbill later. Thanks in advance.

Alleged Lady said...

Do you hear the people sing?
Singing the songs of drunken men?
It is the music of the lawyers who will not be sober again!
When the drinking of your beer follows the drinking of your rum,
That new tax can go to hell when tomorrow comes!

Colby said...

Here I've been, selfishly thinking only of myself and the move to Vegas and the absence of state income taxes - which really is just a raise when you think about it. Anyway, I haven't been thinking about my interweb friends and the atrocities to which they may be subjected. Humbled is me. What can I do to support?

Sam Sachs said...

Oy, good luck with that. Now tell me, what's your high score on Brickbreaker? Must compare to my own.

Nel said...

Where do I sign up to join your army?

rem said...

aw man! i have to pay for this AND the HUGE HUGE deficit that is sure to follow the horrible idea that is the Olympics in this city?! f that! i'm leaving!

Faux Trixie said...

1. I love your f-ing blog. Thankfully, another lady lawyer who is snarky.

2. Raising liquor taxes. Gross. Although, I guess you can drive to the burbs, like I do for smokes.