Monday, October 05, 2009

Dear Whoopi Goldberg,

I understand you've come out full force to defend your fellow famous person ("FFP"), Roman Polanski. Good for you!!! :-)

And by "Good for you," I mean, "Shame on you that is so fucked up and don't try to explain it away, because quite frankly you can't explain it away, and any attempt to explain it away is just another horrific and obnoxious slap in the face to sexual assault victims everywhere."

"It was something else but I don't believe it was rape-rape." -You

Rape-rape? Rape-rape? Now, Ms. Goldberg, I am a criminal prosecutor. And although I am fairly new, I think I have a pretty good handle on criminal law. And I reviewed my outlines, my class notes, and my Bar Bri books, and nowhere can I find a definition for "rape-rape"

But, since you're a celebrity, and therefore, I must believe you, and assume you're smarter than me, I will accept that you are right and attempt to define "rape-rape" as I believe you intended it.

Here you go:

Rape-rape [reyp-reyp] -noun The act of a man with a knife, gun or other such weapon, by use of physical force, inserting his penis into the vagina of a young, white, Christian, virgin, female who has never consumed alcohol or drugs, and who the man has never met. Oh, and who is also a very nice and pleasant person all the time. The man must not be successful, talented or attractive, because men who are successful, talented or attractive are, by law, presumed to not have any need to rape-rape.

Rape-rape. There you go.

This is a great thing, Whoopi. Think of all the women out there who can now go on living their lives FINALLY realizing that they aren't victims after all! Maybe now that they know what happened to them isn't rape-rape, they can go right back to blaming themselves. Super awesome!

Or not.

Your FFP gave a 13 year old child alcohol. That's a crime.
Your FFP slipped a quaalude into the alcohol. That's a crime.
Your FFP then had sex with that 13 year old girl. That is also a crime.
Make no mistake, Ms. Goldberg. That is Rape-rape.

21 comments:

Scott Rose said...

Right on, Grace. Thank you for posting.

Sam Sachs said...

This is exactly why I don't watch The View. Thank goodness you're around to provide Whoopi with a written bitchslapping of sorts. People need to know that it is possible to survive the Holocaust, make some phenomenal movies, and still be a rapist. The world is a crazy place.

ChatTeaKathy said...

A-the-Men Grace! There is no excuse for this disgusting behavior, and anyone who tries to find one is guilty of being a morally devoid asshole-asshole.

j'lynn said...

Amen Grace!!! We all know if this was a "regular Joe" she, along with every other celeb out there supporting this creep, would be calling for this perp to be hung in a public square and have his balls cut off! It makes me sick. Yet again it shows...if you have enough money you can be seen as innocent even when you've plead guilty! It disgusts me....

I really am a PD at heart...now I just need to finish law school, pass the bar and get that PD job!!

Butterflyfish said...

AMEN GRACE!!!

Grace said...

agreed!

blaze said...

Great post. Rape is rape whether or not you call it rape-rape.

Nel said...

You tell her, Grace! Whoopi can suck it. She is no celebrity in my book.

emotional diva said...

i love this post. right on! =)

Fannie said...

Great post. If the criminal wasn't a FFP, I wonder how many in Hollywood would be rallying behind someone who admitted to raping a 13-year-old child and who fled the country to avoid his sentence.

Tessa Hope Autumn said...

I agree 100%!!!!!!

The Grand Inquisitor said...

i agree since i am a prosecutor as well, but i am sure the fucking perv will say it was all just a big "misunderstanding"

Blazer said...

Thanks for that. I continue to be besotted.

Lex said...

2 points:
1)Way to go. All those crazy sickos supporting a child rape are just . . . I dont get it. I really dont. And those that DO support him need an ass kicking (verbal or physical)

2) While Whoopi's comments were TOTALLY out of line, I would just like to point out, the quote you pulled out was in relation to what he was charge with. I dont know why she doesnt view statutory rape as "rape rape" but I think that helps clarify things.

Keep kicking ass!

Colby said...

I hate celebrities who think that celebrity in and of itself somehow makes them an authority on everything. She's disgusting - and of course I mean in the sense of being a human being - not the physical aspect.

Grace said...

Lex- Thanks for your comment. And while I appreciate that Whoopi stated that she was commenting on the "legal charges" against Polanski, that was just her trying to cover her horribly insensitive defense of her FFP. The fact is, these are the charges that were filed against Mr. Polanski:

1. Furnishing a controlled substance to a minor.

2. Lewd or lascivious act upon a child under 14.

3. Unlawful sexual intercourse

4. Rape by use of Drugs

5. Perversion (admittedly, I don't know the details of this charge)

6. Sodomy on a person

7. Sodomy on a person (a second count)

These are charges that were filed in the Superior Court of California against Whoopi's FFP.

just a girl said...

Isn't the perversion used for the name of oral sex that was said to have been part of the sexual intimate that took place?

And I do think any defence that start with "but he has done great movies" or similar things sucks. Especially in the light of 13 yrd old girl at a party with older men and booze and drugs. Surely it shouldn't matter how famous they are? (can't we at least pretend in public places to uphold the "we are all alike in front of the law"?)

The Laundress said...

Damn, thank you Grace. I find it sad that a woman so devoted to/protective of her racial identity seems to have absolutely no protective instincts for her gender. Not unusual, but still incredibly, unspeakably sad.....

Cassie said...

Just goes to show you, these celebrtites are all gung ho for the victims until their BFF's commit the crime, then it is a different story.

J said...

Wow I missed this comment by Whoopi but I hate when people think statutory rape is not actual rape. UGH.

rem said...

This is good, Grace.