Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Smokes


So approximately 3 years and 2 1/2 months ago, I did something awesome. That is, besides start this blog.

I quit smoking. Now, I wasn't some half-ass, smoke-when-I-drink, or when-I'm-really-stressed-out smoker. I smoked like it was my job. About a pack and a half. Every. Single. Day. I know. Gross. And expensive.

Which brings me to the point of this post. I used to spend about 12 dollars every day for my pack and a half of cigarettes. It's been 1170 days since my last pack. Here's what I want to know:

Where the FUCK is my $14,040 that I've "saved" by quitting?

11 comments:

You are not alone. . . said...

It went to the extra taxes to fund the anti-smoking ad campaigns.

Anonymous said...

Agreed. I stopped smoking in April '05..I want to know where all that money went.

just jenn said...

shoes? or so i tell myself every time another pair appears in the closet.

Butterflyfish said...

Agree: shoes and taxes... and wine?

Kay said...

I totally know where you are coming from. According to my silkquit thing I quit 2 years, 2 months, 4 weeks, 1 day, 23 hours, and 2 minutes ago. I have "not" smoked 24,659 cigarettes but only have added 12 weeks and 1 day to my life. Oh, and it says with my pack and a half a day habbit that I have saved $6,164.80. Where is it because it sure isn't sitting in my bank account!!!!!!

Lex said...

while I have no clue where your money went, I was hoping you could give a bit of advice to an attorney for the IRS who wants to quit. (Side note: Totally not me. A friend.)

Congrats on quitting!

rem said...

did you have to hand it over to that bitch, Sallie Mae?

Rolling Bone said...

haha that's funny.

Anastasia said...

I am completely in awe, Grace. However, after reading one of the comments...two years only equals two weeks?!? Is that true? If so, there's no hope for me.

Ninja said...

I wonder the same thing after paying off my car. Where's the money?!?

Faux Trixie said...

I always tell myself, every morning, that today is going to be the day I quit smoking and that I'm going to start some social experiment where I put away the money I would've spent on smokes into savings.

Then I light up again.