Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanks!

First of all, I want to thank everyone for the congratulations. It really is pretty fucking awesome. And I am really excited.

So, I know that a lot of you (especially those of you who know me personally) were a little shocked by this news. Well, so was I. For those people who found out on this blog, and maybe... should have found out from me in a more personal way... well... I'm sorry. I sincerely am. I really wish that the right moment to tell you ever presented itself, but, it didn't.

I figured I'd go ahead and answer some of the more common questions that I've been asked thus far. As always, in no particular order.

1. Was this planned? Nope! Not a bit.

2. Who is the father? Scott Rose, Bob Newhart, or my boyfriend.

3. Are you guys getting married? All four of us? Not now. Ask me again later.

4. How far along are you? 9 1/2 weeks. Totally too early to be announcing that I'm knocked up. Whatever. I'm an idiot. Too many things could go wrong still...

5. How are you feeling? Really really tired. Like more tired than I've ever been ever in my entire life.

6. When did you find out? A couple of days before I left for Belize. So my Scuba diving, drinking and eating seafood vacation was slightly redesigned. Awesome nonetheless, though. It should be an absolute requirement for unmaaried accidentally knocked up lawyers to go on a solo vacation. Talk about clarity...

7. Are you happy? As terrified as I am, and as unprepared as I feel, I am over the moon. I have never, ever been so happy.

8. Are you showing? No. In fact, I have lost a little weight, because I puke a lot. Apparently it's not that big of a problem, as long as I make up for it later.

9. How's not drinking? Not the most fun, but actually, not that bad either. My Ob/Gyn told me that a glass of wine every couple of weeks or month is fine, so I ordered a glass a few weeks ago, but I couldn't even drink it. Tasted fucked up. You know what doesn't taste fucked up? DIET ROOT BEER!!!!!!! Never in my life was I a root beer lover until now. I've finished off a two liter in less than 36 hours. It's unbelievable. It's so good I want to cry. Is this something that everyone has known about forever, and I'm just slow?

Anyway...I really am going to try to talk about other things besides my knocked-upness. It might be hard, though. The whole carrying a potential person inside me tends to distract me. For example, tomorrow I get a second ultrasound, and at that ultrasound, you know what else is distracting? HAVING KNOCKERS.

On that note, I'm going to go pour some root beer and stare at my huge cans.

18 comments:

Miriam said...

I for one cannot wait to read your experiences with pregnancy! Are you sure you don't want to stop the blog and save your writing for a book? You will be a star.

Amanda said...

Congrats Grace! I'm so happy for you! And now you've got me craving a Diet Root Beer. You're right - they're so good!

Sam Sachs said...

Diet root beer is fucking disgusting. You're definitely pregnant.

The only real reason I'm devastated by this news - I wanted to have your babies. And maybe have some fun times as single, childless women. But you can always feel free to live vicariously through my eternally vacant uterus.

Truth is, I love babies. I love you. Therefore, I will love yo' baby. [I think this is all just a scheme to get me to visit Chicago. Maybe I can be your nanny while taking classes at Second City - HA!]

Legally Fabulous said...

Daisy and I were already discussing today who is going to get to babysit...

I loooooove babies!

(although I suppose it would be sort of weird for me to win the "i wanna babysit" battle, since I don't technically know you yet. hmph)

Cassie said...

Congratulations! CUrrently, I am in love with ginger ale which I normally never drink but am consuming in record rates since I'm just about as pregnant as you are.

Scott Rose said...

Hee hee! I'm so excited to be a father!!

Blazer said...

Does this mean you won't be having my babies? I am crushed.

Fannie said...

This is so funny. For a mommy blog.

Can I be a baby daddy too?!

;-)

Random Esquire said...

First... Congratulations!!

Second... I had a diet root beer last night. Should I be worried that a miracle has taken place? :P

CONGRATULATIONS!

-R.

Colby said...

That's so great! I'm just catching up, and you are so awesome! Many congrats.

Melissa said...

Congrats Grace xx

Anonymous said...

a couple tips from a lawyer momma:
1. ginger chews fix nausea. eat copius amounts. whole foods on ashland sells them in bulk.
2. see as many movies in movie theaters now as you can possibly stand. after your peanut/shenut arrives you either won't want to leave long enough to see a movie and/or it will cost you $55 to see it anyway(tickets plus sitter!).
3. don't let sick people come to your baby showers (you would be shocked how many assholes do this).
4. buy used baby stuff whenever possible or get hand-me-downs (except for car seats. buy new). save your money. you'd be shocked how fast they outgrow clothes, shoes, everything. any every parent has tons of babygear to hand down.
5. stay hydrated! for the love of god stay hydrated!
6. don't worry. pregnancy is fun as hell and everything is going to turn out fine anyway, so just enjoy being pregnant.
congrats!
the anonymomma

marry said...

Blogs are so informative where we get lots of information on any topic. Nice job keep it up!!
_____________________________

MA Dissertation

j'lynn said...

I don't know you, but I love your blog and I'm so happy for you! I'm (usually) always ecstatic when someone says they are pregnant!! :D Congratulations!!!!!!!

I think you are gonna make a kick ass mommy!

Dissertation Writing service said...

This kind of information is very limited on internet. Nice to find the post related to my searching criteria. Your updated and informative post will be appreciated by blog loving people.

UK Dissertations

haris said...

This is a very nice blog,I have seen this variety of post after a elongated moment. I value your endeavor for compiling such post.

Dissertation Proposal

Dissertation Proposal said...

Thanks! <--
that's what i was looking for
Proposal Dissertation

Dissertation Proposal said...

That's look great that people would love to share their educational matters and experience on internet, this would be good for readers who must face again this issues in their projects.