Monday, June 28, 2010

And a Bar Exam Re-Post

I took a moment to look at my Sitemeter, and sure as shit, I was reminded that the bar exam is approaching. Here you go...please...listen to me.

Dear All Bar Exam Takers Everywhere,

Calm the FUCK DOWN.

Did you hear me? I'll say it again.

Calm the FUCK DOWN.

And maybe one final time... CALM THE FUCK DOWN.

Ok? Here's how I know a decent number of you are freaking out. In case you don't know, Sitemeter is this little tool that tells me who comes to my blog, and how they find my blog. Here are some of the searches that have led people to me:

"Bar Exam" & "Freaking out"
"Bar Exam Tips"
"I'm going to fail the bar exam"
"Bar Exam" & "want to die"
"Bar Exam" & "I'm a loser"
"Bar Exam" & "want to set myself on fire"
"Advice to those who failed the bar exam"
"Bar exam" & "can't stop crying"

Ok. Seriously. You need to chill out. I know that's totally unfair of me to say, because when I was studying for the bar, I asked my friend to hit me with his car, not hard enough to kill me, but just hard enough that I wouldn't have to take the bar exam. And I actually thought this was a reasonable request. So I get it. But he told me to calm the fuck down, and I did. And it helped.

I am in no position to offer actual tips on how to pass the bar, because quite frankly, I have no idea how I did it.

Here are just a few things I want to remind you of, even though I know you probably already know this.

Just because someone has all their barbri books tabbed and color coded, organized perfectly, with correlating colored flash cards, does not mean they are in a better position to pass the bar. This is not a method of learning. It's a method of feeling in control. It may not be your way. That's fine.

Most of you will pass.

Everyone feels the exact same way as you do.

Stop feeling guilty every time you catch yourself not studying. You need to take a break.

While I appreciate you reading my blog, YOU WILL FIND NO NEW INFORMATION ABOUT THE BAR BY GOOGLING "BAR EXAM" & "FREAKING OUT"

Right now, walk away from the computer. Take a breath. Take a walk. Have a drink. Have a smoke. Go have sex. Do something ELSE. The fact that you are googling the things you are googling to bring you to my blog is clearly a sign that you need to calm the FUCK DOWN, and take a break.

Just do it.

XO
Grace

4 comments:

ChatTeaKathy said...

I remember reading this the first time and thinking the Bar exam seemed so far away. Now, here I am, a year later in serious need of this advice. Thanks for re-posting. I will try to remember this especially after July 4th.

ADC said...

I'm studying for the FL bar right now and this post gave me a good laugh. Thanks!

Shantelle said...

But wait! Baby news???

very married said...

THANK YOU! studying for the NY and NJ exams (though, who are we kidding, just studying for the NY exam) and it suuucks. i want my life back!