Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hello Hello Hello?


Hello Blog!  It's nice to see you!  I can't believe it's been a year and a half!  I've actually been back to read you a lot lately.  I've gone over a lot of old things that I've written here, and I have to say, I was pretty fucking funny at times.  I choose to re-read those a lot more than the ones where I was boring and stupid. 

I really don't know how people keep up with writing when they have babies and jobs and stuff.  It really is a discipline, and, I of course am not disciplined at all.  But I do like writing.  And I miss it. 

I guess a small life update is in order.  My little guy G is doing really well.  Not gonna lie, he can be quite a dick.  He's 2 and a half, and he can be a boundary pushing asshat.  He walked up to me the other day and said "Sorry mommy I throw your phone in the potty."  He also loves to dump over cups with liquid in them.  But other than that, which I've been told is fairly normal, he's really amazing.  He loves trucks.  Like, a real real lot. 


Work is awesome, but very different than it was a couple of years ago.  Just recently I got promoted to a new assignment, and it's fascinating, and freaky, and dramatic, and sad, and thrilling.  The hours are crazy and long, and I regularly have to talk to people who are covered in blood.  Sometimes their blood, sometimes someone else's.  It makes me fucking NUTS that I can't write about it.  One of the benefits is every once in a while I have a couple of days off in the middle of the week, where G is at school, and Husband is at work, and I have the whole house to myself.  Like today.  I'd like to say I've used that time really productively, but that would be a huge lie.  Lots of coverage of the Jodi Arias trial, Dance Moms, and Law and Order marathons.  I also eat ramen noodles for breakfast a lot on days like today.  Don't know why.  Oh yeah I do.  Because they are delicious. 

But it did get me thinking about writing on this blog again.  We'll see how it goes.   I do have some stories to share...


For now, though, here's G: 

1 comment: